I’ve always had major problems with memory usage in firefox on my Toshiba M200 Tablet PC, so I decided to do a little research and finally get this nailed. Let me just start by saying when I mean major problems, I mean MAJOR problems, I’ve seen firefox using 700, maybe 800MB of the 1.5GB I have in this machine, which is ludicrous. Well, I think my research paid off, I found this post on firefox memory usage at mozillazine forums and followed it. I can safely say that since doing most of the advised points I’ve seen vast improvements, in fact I’ve only seen firefox above 100MB once! When I’ve seen it reasonably high, I’ve then minimised it only to see it plummet back to 10MB or so in task manager which is really great.
I also stumbled across Planarity today which is keeping me amused 🙂